Monday, July 12, 2010

Thoughts after calvin college

Its now after calvin college which was a large conference of exchange students. Some were about to leave the country on an exchange, some students were finishing their exchange here, and some, just came back from the exchange. It was exciting meeting everyone, and especially exciting getting to know everyone. I had learned some great things about what to expect from Lima, Peru. From others experiences, and I am absolutely thrilled to leave the country now.

For example, two of the returning exchange students I met helped me better understand how to prepare for my trip to Lima, Peru. They were very insightful, they knew great places to shop, dance, visit, and most importantly knew the ins and outs of being safe and still have A LOT of fun along the way. I will have to blog more about these things and the specifics(I'm sure all that I am writing seems vaugue.) once I am in Lima doing these things.

Something interesting as a side note. I had a recent development occur and my host family will not be back in South America until August 9th, and I am scheduled to arrive the 28th so right now I am in the midst of trying to resolve this discrepancy. I guess I'll just have to see how things end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment